Monday, September 22, 2008

September Blog Notes

Elijah seems to be having much more fun experimenting with food, thanks to Annabel. We have had lots of play dates recently and have been shocked when he scarfs down exactly what she is eating.  Becoming creative with Elijah's meals has been our latest challenge- it's hard enough to figure out what we are going to eat each night and now there is the added challenge of a baby's menu.  Even though mushed food in a jar was much more expensive, we were saving an amazing amount of time! Here is a shot of him practicing with a fork and smearing spaghetti sauce all over his face.


We also celebrated my mom's birthday this weekend and thought the restaurant deserved a blog note.  Georgia Brown's in DC has the most amazing jazz brunch I have ever witnessed.  For those of you who know my food snobbery you can appreciate what it takes to impress me, especially for a buffet.  I must say that this place was amazing!  For $35 you get an amount of food that could feed a starving nation as well as some great live music.  Great sparkling wine too!  *and a special note- Carol has lost 15 lbs- check it!


I am also loving the toddler room at day care.  They do so much creative stuff with the kids that I would never think of.  Between the music, art and outdoor games- I never realized 1 year olds could do so much!  Here is our very first art opening:

No comments:

Post a Comment